I am Lisa Eldred Steinkopf, The Houseplant Guru. I am a freelance writer and currently writing articles for Michigan Gardener Magazine, Michigan Gardening Magazine, HGTVGardens.com, and have been featured in Real Simple Magazine.
I have presented programs on houseplants to garden clubs, master gardening groups, garden centers, home and garden shows, Michigan Nursery and Landscape Association Conference (MNLA), and the Chicago Flower & Garden Show.
I am available for speaking engagements. If you would like to book me for a presentation please contact me by email at email@example.com.
All presentations are PowerPoint and can include hands-on demonstrations.
• Houseplants 101: This presentation concentrates on the care and cultivation of indoor plants. Pests, diseases, soils, and fertilization will be addressed. This talk caters to the beginner and is suitable for the experienced.
• African Violets: Their Care and Cultivation: African violets aren’t as fussy as we have been led to believe. This presentation will dispel this myth and help keep your violets happy, healthy and blooming. Learn the best time to re-pot them, trim them and grow them under lights.
• Succulents 101: Succulents are the new rage in plants! Learn the basic care of succulents – including the correct soil to use, watering basics and propagation.
• Terrariums: Tiny Worlds Under Glass: Terrariums have made a comeback! What’s old is new again. Finding the right plants and accessories can be a challenge. Let me show you how to create a world under glass using the correct plants and fun accessories.
• Topiary: Shaping plants into fanciful shapes is fun and exciting. This program will cover the basics using plants to make animals, geometric shapes and more and the best plants to use for success.
• Contained Tropicals in the Heartland: Houseplants aren’t just for the house. They can be used as the “Thrillers, Spillers, and Fillers” in your summer containers. Learn the best ones to use and what’s available at your local garden centers.
• Festive Flowers and Foliage: We all have received plant at the holidays at one time or another and usually have no clue what to do with them. This program will help you learn to take care of any holiday plants you’ve been gifted. Poinsettias, cyclamen, amaryllis, and Christmas cactus are just some of the plants that will be highlighted.
- Bromeliads: This program will introduce you to the wonderful world of bromeliads concentrating on the air plants or tillandsias.
- Houseplants for YOUR Home: There is a plant for every spot in your home. Learn about plants for different light levels and trouble spots in your home.